Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness, September

 Jo at Serendipitous Stitching  hosts the Gifted Gorgeousness  (GG) SAL on the 15th of each month. Anything stitched to be gifted, or stitched using gifted supplies, qualifies for inclusion on the GG report.


I finished up all the stitched designs I had in my work basket - 12 in all.  Here's a group pic.



There are four bead decorated Christmas trees. I love making these, and really try to make each one different. Usually I give these to Christmas visitors as take home gifts. This year many will be mailed out in Christmas cards.  COVID is not my friend! 



 And there are four more tiny Christmas stocking ornaments. The Santa design is adapted from Kooler's Littlest Stocking.



This Baby's First Christmas is the second of four I am making this year. The teddy was a DMC on-line freebie many years ago, but it's no longer on their website.



This Santa is for a niece. I made a few changes (floss colours, facial features) to a Graphique Greetings Folk Art Santa chart designed by Robin Rowe that I was given as a Christmas card on 1989.



This Angel is for another niece. I made a few changes (changed floss colours, omitted halos on angel and candle, swapped beads for some cross stitches in wings and dress ribbon, and changed the skirt shape at the bottom) to Cathy Livingstone's Miniature Angel Bellpull design.




This one is for my youngest sister (mother of the two nieces). This one is my own design.





In September I have stitched another eight designs, and made up seven into Christmas ornaments:  four more tiny stockings, two bead decorated Christmas trees, and a heart wreath for Angela. The eighth is a Baby's First Christmas design for a niece's baby, but baby's not due till mid December, so I can't finish it up till we have a name. 












 I have now stitched all the Christmas ornaments which were on my list for 2021 (90 ornaments - 12 for me  43 for family members and 35 for friends). The only two which haven't been finished up are the two Baby's First Christmas ornaments waiting for names.






And that is all I have to show this month.












6 comments:

jocondine said...

So much done, can't wait to start thinking about Christmas ornaments. I think I'd start in October so not much to wait! I will be back soon visiting your blog to get the Noël spirit. xxx

RONI said...

Wow! So much Christmas fun going on there!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love all your ornaments each month but this is a bumper crop! The trees are always my favourites but I like the Angel you adapted too.

Faith... said...

More gorgeous ornaments. I really love the Angel, she is so pretty with all her beading.

DJ said...

Wow you're on a roll! I love those beaded Christmas trees, and I agree, Covid is not my friend. I miss hugs...and visitors...so hang in there, hopefully we will beat this thing. All your ornaments are so adorable, but I especially love the Baby's First Christmas, such a sweet thing to make for those babies of friends and family. Such a fun post!

Rachel said...

Just caught up on the last few months... so many gorgeous little Christmas goodies, and the framing of Christmas Dreams - wow - Santa looks amazing. I'm sure he'll take pride of place amongst this year's decorations. :)