Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, September 15, 2022

September Gifted Gorgeousness Report

 It's been an unusual and quite stressful month, and cross stitch hasn't really been high on my priority list. My routine annual breast cancer check in late August didn't go quite to plan. The breast that had the cancer 4 years ago was fine, but they found a new lesion in the other breast. I had it removed early in September, and this week I got the biopsy results, which weren't great, but certainly could have been much worse. The next step is a course of 20 sessions of radiation, probably starting mid October.  The timing is not great, as my partner is battling a terminal cancer at present, and is not feeling so good.  I haven't picked up my cross stitch at all in September.  In the last two weeks of August I finished up a few things I had stitched earlier.

 

These two snowflake Christmas Trees (CrosstitchingForFun on eBay) are for my youngest sister and her son.  The trees are actually the same size, but I used a smaller frame for the one that has to travel half way across Australia. I really enjoyed stitching this design. 

 


This little cat ( a Barbara Monk design, floss colours changed) is for a cat-obsessed member of my extended family.



I finished up Days 5 & 6 of Shannon Christine's 12 Days of Christmas set ( stitched for me with gifted supplies).



I made another little Santa stocking for the older cousin of the twins for whom I made little Santa stockings a month or so ago. The Santa on the stocking is adapted from Kooler's Littlest Stocking design.



And I stitched, but have not yet finished up, two of these Heart Wreaths (The Need'l Love Company) for two nieces.



That is all I have to show this time.  I am hoping to stitch Days 7 & 8 of Shannon Christine's 12 Day set before the end of September, and I still have a baby sampler to stitch before December, so I am willing myself to pick up a needle and start stitching again. 


Pop over to Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching to find the links to the other Gifted Gorgeousness reports. Anything stitched with gifted supplies, or stitched to be gifted qualifies for inclusion in the GG report.





7 comments:

Aďka said...

Nádherné výšivky, tie stromy sú krásne a zaujímavé, určite potešia.
Pozdravujem,
A.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with your beautiful ornaments. I'll be starting the Shannon Christine ones this Boxing Day.
Sorry to hear your bad news but at least they have caught it and hopefully the treatment will be a great success. Shows how important these tests are.

jocondine said...

All your stitchings are always a delight for the eyes. October will be soon here and with it the Xmas season stitching and crafting start for me. One more good reason to visit you more often to be in the good spirit. xxx Amicalement.

Sandy said...

I'm amazed how much stitching you got done given your news. So sorry to hear about your need for treatment. CA all forms of it just plain suck. Hubby was just diagnosed with Prostate CA, we don't yet have a treatment plan. Waiting on a few appointments. My best to you and to your partner.
Sandy's Space

diamondc said...

Elfie: So many lovely finish's, you have been busy.
Keeping you in our daily Prayers.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

A super collection of great finishes, nice to see another 'Clare'

Elfie said...

Sorry to disappoint, it's 'Ciara'. The photo doesn't show it clearly!