Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness Report, February

 I missed the January Gifted Gorgeousness report entirely, and I'm running late for the February report, hosted by Jo at  Serendipitous Stitching on the 15th of each month. Anything stitched using gifted supplies, or stitched to be gifted, qualifies for inclusion in the GG report. Pretty much all of my stitching supplies are gifted to me, so most of my stitching meets the GG requirements.


I decided to stitch Jim Shore's 12 Day set for myself this year. So far I have completed the first 6 Days. I stitched them 1 over 1 on 20 count fabric, and omitted the beads and charms. At about 5" (13 cm) square, these are larger than my preferred ornament size, but so very pretty.




I also made another 6 Christmas ornaments, most of which will be gifted at Christmas. I stitched the Snowflake Christmas Tree with the intention of giving it to my oldest nephew and his wife for Christmas 2023. I was amost finished making it up (just 7 beads away from the end) when I discovered I had the backing piece upside down. I'm now going to keep it for myself.  I can easily love an imperfect Christmas ornament!  The snowflake Christmas tree and deer are adapted from CrossStitchingForFun designs.






6 comments:

DJ said...

Oooooh what lovely ornaments! I love how you've finished them too! I prefer the smaller 12 Days ornaments as well, and I have the Jim Shore pattern...I've been wondering how I could make them smaller...Decisions, decisions. I have kept imperfect ornaments myself, I love them unconditionally!

Rachel said...

I love your Jim Shore pieces, so colourful and beautifully finished. Knowing how much you love Christmas, I'd display them all year round!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

THanks for taking part in GG this month. Love those Jim Shore designs and the gorgeous colours. Sorry about the booboo with the ornament backing, but at least you get to keep one for yourself!

diamondc said...

Elfie: Lovely Christmas ornaments.
Jim Shore designs are lovely.

Catherine

Sandy said...

They're all so cute. I've been working on afghans from donated squares which I guess I could say qualify....hadn't thought of that until visiting your blog. They'll all be donated to The Homeless Families Foundation, so I guess that's gifting.

Keep stitching.
Sandy's Space

Sandy said...

Waving hi, as I make my blog rounds. Hope all is well with you.
Sandy's Space