Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

More Christmas pics

This is the wall of my stairwell (from entry level up to the bedroom level). The framed Santas are by Lorri Birmingham, and was a RR project many years ago. On the door of my linen press I hung my collcetion of Santa ornaments (I usually stitch myself at least one new one each year). The large Santa is one I bought back from Los Angeles in 1995. The Santa mask is one of my favourites - I got him as a birthday gift 10 years ago.

The pic above is of my 1950s Christmas tree (another favourite of mine). At the left you can see soem of my Santa bells.

This si my Santa tree - another dowelling tree. It's on the top floor landing. Beneath the tree I have my collection of Santa tins. At the bottom of the pic is my set of Aussie 12 Days of Christmas ornamenst (adapted from Di Noyce's design in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch magazine). At bottom right are some of my soft Santas.
All my Santas. Angels, and Christmas things are safely packed away now, and won't come out again till November 2011. My house is cleaned and re-arranged into its usual configuration. Christmas 2010 is over. Sadly. My thought are already flitting ahead to Christmas 2011!
To mark the New Year, I did my annual craft room clean-out and reorganisation. My work basket is now filled with fabric scraps, Christmas coloured floss, and beads. To start 2011, I'll be stitching some tiny Christmas designs to frame and/or turn into fridge magnets or ornaments. I haven't yet decided on my 2011 Christmas project, but I have made one difficult decision. HAED Jolly Old Fellow has been removed from the floor frame and will be rested this year. So it is now officially a UFO (my one and only - ever!). I have now spent 8 months stitching JOF over the past 2 years (it's not unusual for me to stitch in excess of 60 hours per week, every week), and I have stitched just 8 of the 36 pages. I'm not giving up on JOF for ever - but I have given him up for 2011. He's safely packed away, with all his floss and the chart. But still in sight - just so I don't forget him altogether!

No comments: