Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Beautiful visitors

When I opened my lounge room door this morning, this is what greeted me: two beautiful crimson rosellas having a drink from my bird bath. They obligingly stayed for long enough for me to find my camera and take a pic. We are so very lucky here - we get lots of native birds in our garden.

It was obviously my day for bird encounters. Later in the morning we were out on a garage sale run, and I saw over 50 black swans, all adults, together swimming and feeding on the lake. I've never seen that number of black swans in a group over here - the last time I saw a group that size was 25 years ago in Perth WA.
It doesn't take much to brighten my day - those two brushes with nature did it for me today!

No comments: