Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Monday, February 15, 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness report for February

I can hardly believe we are already in mid February, but here we are. It's the 15th February, so it's time for the second Gifted Gorgeousness report for 2021. GG is hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.  Pretty much anything stitched with gifted supplies or stitched to be gifted will qualify for the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.

In the past month I have been working very hard on my HAED WIP, Christmas Dreams, and since the last GG report I have stitched another five pages. Christmas Dreams qualifies as a GG project because the chart, fabric, and most of the floss was gifted to me or bought with gift vouchers. I am so happy to be able to say that I have now completed 90% of the design. Two rows of charts still to go  but the very good news is that the final row of charts is just 2 stitches wide! So I will be stitching rows 10 and 11 together, treating them as one page rather than two. I am really hoping to be putting in  the final stitches before Easter. Yay! I've made a small start on the 55th page  but this photo was taken when I completed my 54th page, finishing row 9.




I also stitched Days 1 and 2 of the 12 Day set (KDS, designer Sandy Orton) I am stitching for myself, with supplies either gifted to me or purchased with gift vouchers.







I probably won't make up the 12 Days ornaments until after I finish Christmas Dreams. I so want to finish Christmas Dreams!

11 comments:

diamondc said...

Oh my I am so looking forward to seeing Santa finished.
Nice Twelve Days of Christmas, I once told myself I should dedicate one whole year to stitching nothing but Christmas, poof that idea was gone, now I am rethinking that idea.
Have a lovely day.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Who designs a chart with only two stitches worth on a page? But the end is in sight and we will have a big old Happy Dance for this one!
The ornaments are lovely, I really like the swirly 2.
The link up post is now live.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Christmas Dreams is a great piece, you are so close to finishing, it's lovely. I like your 12 Days pieces, I'm enjoying doing these this year.

DJ said...

Oh Elfie! Christmas dreams is looking very lovely, what an accomplishment! I can't wait to see it finished, you've done such a beautiful job stitching it!! I love 12 Days projects too and am working on another one this year, but I must say, I love yours so much better than what I'm working on! What a fun GG post!!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Christmas Dreams is gorgeous. I also like your 12 Days of Christmas.

Faith... said...

Oh you are just moving along on Santa! I am excited to seem him finished up. I love Days one and two as well, they look so nice. Will you sew the two sides together and make them into a pillow type piece?

Elfie said...

Faoth, I mount each piece on felt-covered cardboard and fold seam allowance to the back then stitch the front to the back by lacing through the backstitched border, adding a bead to every second lacing stitch. It makes a firm flat ornament. I do most of my ornaments that way.

Kaisievic said...

I adore Christmas Dreams and admire you so much for stitching it!

BeingBored89 said...

Wow....the Santa piece is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see when you're done!

Christine said...

Christnas Dreams is so lovely

Faith... said...

Thanks for explaining that!