Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Monday, March 15, 2021

Happy Dance - and Gifted Gorgeousness report for March

Another month has whisked away, and once again the Gifted Gorgeousness report is due. Jo at Serendipitous Stitching hosts the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL on the 15th of each month. Anything stitched to be gifted or stitched with gifted supplies qualifies for the GG SAL.

There's a major Happy Dance happening at  my house today. The final stitches have gone into Christmas Dreams  and it is now off the floor frame and waiting for a bath before I take it along to the framer. I am very happy!



Christmas Dreams measures 72 cm x 48 cm (about 28.5" x 19"), and has been on my stitching list for 5 years, though in that time I was only stitching on it for a total of 18 months. It's the biggest project I have stitched, and I won't be attempting anything bigger!

I don't have anything else to show this month, as Christmas Dreams has taken all my stitching time.

13 comments:

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

I would be doing a happy dance too if that was my finish it is a beautiful piece beautifully done.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Whoo hoo super congratulations, it is certainly a great piece of stitching, well done

diamondc said...

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful feeling it must be, I am looking forward to seeing this framed.
Have a lovely day.

Catherine

The Lady Kay said...

Congrats on completing your HAED Christmas Dreams!! I love it!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month and congratulations on the Happy Dance for this epic project! I have enjoyed seeing your progress so much over the last five years! Looking forward to seeing how you frame it now I would be displaying it all year. There is so much to see and admire,

Cathy said...

Happy dancing with you! That's a fantastic accomplishment!

Faith... said...

I am dancing with you! It is gorgeous Lynne, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Kaisievic said...

Stunning! Well done to you - such an accomplishment. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

RONI said...

Wowza! That's one HUGE happy dance! Lovely finish

Beth in IL said...

Bravo on your finish! Looks fabulous.

agapanto_67 said...

a challenging but very beautiful embroidery. congratulations
I also have a blog where I also publish my embroideries, not as beautiful as yours, come and visit me www.aliallafantasia.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Massive congratulations on finishing Christmas Dreams. He is absolutely stunning!
I remember you putting him away for quite a while because of a major stitching / frogging issue but am so glad you overcame that hiccup. I can't wait to see him framed, and no doubt you can't wait to hang him.
If you are planning on stitching another large project, good luck choosing! :)

Annie said...

OMG, OMG he's just AMAZING!!! Being a major Xmas-fan I'm soo impressed and so jealous of your beatiful finish! VERY well done!!!