Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, March 26, 2021

Smalls Report for March

 It is a long time since I've had Smalls to report, so I am very happy that I have some to show today. I am happiest stitching little things, particularly Christmas ornaments. Today I have eleven stitched designs to show. So far only three are finished up, and the other eight are washed and drying as I write. Hopefully they will all be made up by the end of this weekend.

I'll start with tiny stockings I stitched  for a great-nephew and great-niece (siblings). I adapted the design from the Kooler plastic canvas chart 'Littlest Stockings' by adding the cuff, smoothing out the edges and adding a backing  to make a real little stocking.






Next in line for making up are Days 1, 2, and 3 of the Kooler 12 Day set designed by Sandy Orton. These are for me.


I stitched this next one for a nephew and his wife. They are not really into Christmas, but have a preference for the colour blue. I adapted this ornament from a chart in 2020 JCS Ornament issue, 'Blue Christmas' by Blackwork Journey. I did make a lot of changes to the charted design, including changing the fabric colour, the floss, and parts of the design. I learned a lesson on this one - blackwork is not my special skill!



This next one is for another nephew and his wife.  It's adapted from a chart in Graphworks Mini Motif Designs for Christmas Vol 7.


And I stitched four little Christmas tree ornaments to add to my gift basket for Christmas visitors. These just grew as I stitched.



9 comments:

Cathy said...

I love those little stockings! Are they big enough to slip a tiny candy cane inside. Your other stitching is also very creative!

diamondc said...

Elfie: The stockings turned out perfect, the trim looks like snow balls so sweet.
Blue Christmas is beautiful as are all your designs.
Have a wonderful week-end.

Catherine

Elfie said...

The stockings are 5cm (2") long and the opening is about 2.5cm (1") wide. When I gift it I usually pop a little beaded angel in the stocking.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your mini stockings are adorable, such treasures. I like your Blue Christmas, very effective

AC said...

Oh how sweet, I love the beading! Lucky recievers!
/Anna

Bethan said...

The mini stockings are so cute, and I love the trees! I like your Blue Christmas - what a nice adaptation x

Kaisievic said...

Oh my goodness, I love, love, love all of your tiny stitching, especially those sweet stockings.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have made up for lost time this month! Love those tiny stockings and the beautiful blue Ornament. Someone in the JCs FB group made a beautiful adaptation of the Patricia Ann design from that issue too,

Faith... said...

Wonderful stitching! I love how the Santa's face looks on the stocking, it is perfect for it.