Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Monday, February 14, 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for February

 I promised myself that this year I was not going to comment on the speed at which it was passing - but, really! Mid February already! It seems like a minute past Christmas to me. The good thing about it being 15th February is that it's time for the Gifted Gorgeousness report, hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.  If it's made with gifted supplies, or stitched to be gifted, it qualifies for inclusion in the GG report. Most of my stitching falls into both of those categories.

 This year has been a difficult one for me already. Within the past 5 weeks my partner has been diagnosed with a brain tumour, had it removed, and received the news we were dreading: it was a fast-growing metastatic tumour, so there is a Stage 4 cancer somewhere else that has not yet been found. We are now waiting for further investigations and an appointment with an Oncologist. This is our third fight with cancer in the past 10 years - my partner's second. I am grateful that I have my stitching to help keep me strong.

I do have some finished ornaments, and some unfinished stitching to show this month.   First, the angels I had stitched last month. Four adapted from L&L's Amish Angel (1986) freebie, and the odd one is from the L&L 1987 Christmas Angel freebie.


I also made little gingerbread people Christmas ornaments for some of the children on my stitching list.  I chose gingerbread people this year because I noticed last Christmas that this group of children really loved the gingerbread babies I bake. I adapted the chart from Barbara Mock's 'Christmas Quickies II' leaflet.


I made a (belated) start on my 12 Day set in February, and have finished Days 1 and 2. The designer is Barbara Sestok and the chart is in the BH&G book, 2001 Cross Stitches.


I have stitched some ornaments for much-loved four-legged members of my extended family (including my Angela). I used the holly alphabet from Clare Crompton's book 'Christmas Cross Stitch' to stitch the pet's name, and substituted beads for the red criss stitches on the chart.





My final picture is for an ornament for a great-niece. The wreath chart is also in Clare Crompton's 'Christmas Cross Stitch' book. I substituted tiny star beads for the red cross stitches in the chart  and added a heap more of the stars, because Miss Chloe, like me, likes a bit of Christmas bling.


That's all that I have to show this month. I look forward to  seeing all the lovely GG stitching. It is one of the high points of my month.




 




12 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Huge hugs to you and your partner, stay strong x x

Stitching is a huge comfort to many of us, the stitching and the giving. I love that you have now included pets, you are so generous in your Christmas giving.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I'm sorry to read of the latest results of your partner's cancer.
It is a help that you have your stitching to provide you with an outlet from all that is happening.
Your finishes are pretty.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Glad that your stitching is being a help in this difficult time for you.

Cathy said...

You did a lot of stitching this past month. I'm sorry to hear that your partner's cancer journey has taken a turn for the worse.

Rachel said...

Gorgeous gifts, as usual, and so many already! Your needles really don't stop smoking all year, do they?
Sending hugs to you both from the UK. xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with all your beautiful Ornaments.
I am so sorry to hear the bad news about your partner. I hope the medical profession can work their magic and fight this cancer with you.

DJ said...

So very sorry for the news of your partner's diagnosis. I'll be sending lots of good vibes your way and hope they are able to find and treat it quickly. I love your angel ornaments, they are beautifully stitched and finished as are all the rest that you've stitched. I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite. I'm stitching the same 12 days, I just love them! I love how you are finishing them!! Always a treat to visit your blog! Happy Stitching!!

jocondine said...

Every ornament is lovely as always. Sorry about those bad news, send you a lot of warm hugs and wishes for a better health. Hope you'll find in stitching some help to fight and face each day. Amicalement. xxx

Faith... said...

Your ornaments look great as always Lynne.

I am keeping both your partner and you in prayer along with the medical team attending to him. May they find the cancer soon and in time to remove it all.

Kaisievic said...

Such a gorgeous array of stitching, Elfie, I am so sorry to hear about your partner's recent diagnosis. I am sending prayers and healing hugs your way.❤️

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so sorry to hear that this year has been difficult for you and your partner. Prayers for strength and healing.
It's nice to hear that stitching is helping you through this, you have finished some lovely ornaments, the gingerbread people are so sweet.

BeingBored89 said...

I love all of the ornaments! They are all so beautiful! I am very sorry to hear about the struggles you and your partner are going through. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers!