Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Happy Dance!

 A major Happy Dance at my house - all of the stitched items which have collected in my work basket over the past six weeks or so are now finished up.  There were twenty four stitched pieces in all. Twenty one are now Christmas ornaments, and the other  three are in tiny gold frames.  I now remember why I usually finish my ornaments on smaller batches. A group of 24 is very daunting, and a lot of work!


 


This set is my  favourite one:


And I also like this set, for neighbourhood children:


These are for two English boys and their much-loved cat:


These are for family pets:


And these are for family and friends:


I have also stitched a snowflake Christmas Tree, from a design by the Ukrainian designer 'CrossstitchForFun'. I used an ice blue evenweave fabric and three shades of blue floss, because the niece I am stitching it for has a distinct preference for blue. I am really pleased with how this turned out  though if I were stitching it for myself I would have added a light scattering of silver delica beads. My niece, unfortunately, does not share my love of Christmas bling.  It will fit nicely into a purchased frame with a 9" x 7" (22.5 cm x 17.5 cm) or possibly 10" x 8" (25 cm x 20cm) mat. I am about to start another for a different niece. It will be in white floss on a dark fabric. 




6 comments:

Annie said...

Beautiful stitching as usual! I just love the way you finish your ornaments:D
So sorry to read about your partner's illness <3.

diamondc said...

Elfie: You have been very busy, and the finishing is perfect.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

You have been busy, what a super collection

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, you have been busy! It must have been like Santa's Workshop with this little production line!
Love the blue Christmas design too. I have always liked blue too.

Faith... said...

You have been a busy bee doing all that finishing! The all look fantastic though and I love the tree. The added bling would of have been pretty nice though.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Another super collection of stitching and finishing