Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness report for March

 It's the middle of March - time for the Gifted Gorgeousness report, hosted on the 15th of each month by Jo at  Serendipitous Stitching.  Anything stitched with gifted supplies, or stitched to be gifted, qualifies for inclusion in the GG report.


It's been a hectic month. I've done some stitching of Christmas designs to turn into Christmas ornaments but no finishing up of the ornaments. I currently have 22 stitched design in my work basket. Some of them have been shown in previous posts, so I'll only show the 'new' ones here.  Usually I try to keep my finishing batches to 8, or 12 at a pinch.  22 is daunting, even for me! 


First up, four bead decorated trees, just because  stitching them relaxes me.





I did try to go easy on the beads, but I wasn't very successful.  I did omit the usual beaded borders on a couple as a compromise.



This little angel will be going to a friend who likes 'quirky' angels. I adapted the design from a Christmas Borders leaflet.






This one is for my youngest sister. I adapted a Sam Hawkins design, by changing the floss colours and facial features  and adding the text and border.






I stitched two more of Barbara Sestok's 12 Day set. I know it diesn't look like it but the fabric is the same for both of them - an ice blue 24 count evenweave.






I hope to be able to finish up the 22 ornaments soon, but it may not happen. My household is very disrupted at present. My partner's cancer is more widespread than we had hoped for, and metastasised from an aggressive cancer we thought was beaten 10 years ago, so we are well and truly on the cancer treadmill once again. 





7 comments:

diamondc said...

Elfie: Sweet beaded trees, love the Santa and Angel, so many fun designs to see and enjoy.

Catherine

DJ said...

Oh Elfie, I'm so sorry to hear about your partner's cancer. I will be keeping you both in prayer. Love your beaded trees, they truly are gorgeous! Your other Christmas pieces are so cute, you are very talented! I haven't forgotten your giveaway package, it still sits on my dining room table, I've been to the post office a few times to try to mail it, but prices haven't changed yet. Fingers crossed it will be in the mail one day.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your partner, hugs to you both. You've done some lovely stitching again this month ... all those beads ... wow!

jocondine said...

Great Christmas trees, more beads more festive look! What a nice pattern for the 12 D of Ch. Love and warm hugs to both of you. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Those heavily beaded trees are just stunning!
Sorry to hear the continuing bad news about your partner. I do hope there is something the doctors can do for him.

Faith... said...

I love all your trees! I think you have a lot of patience to work with all those beads but they did turn out fantastic. I really like the piece for your sister and your changes look great. I am sorry to hear about your partner Lynne, I will say a prayer for you both.

FlashinScissors said...

Beautiful stitching Lynne. I love your beaded Christmas trees!
I’m so sorry to hear about your partner’s Cancer.
Barbara x