Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for November

 November 15 (at least where I live; it takes a while for other places to get there!) - time for the monthly GG report, hosted  by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching. Anything made with gifted supplies, or made to be gifted, qualifies for inclusion in the GG report.


This will be a very short report. I have not been very productive in the past month. I did frame Bronte's ballerina alphabet (designer Lesley Teare) birth sampler in a purchased frame.



I picked up a crochet hook and some left-over 4 ply cotton, and made a colourful unicorn for Miss 4, who is quite besotted by unicorns. It will be a Christmas gift. This is just the second stuffed animal I've attempted, and the first one ( a dog) was made over 50 years ago. I was amazed at how long it took me ( a week), but I really did enjoy crocheting it. I now have a huge bag of wool stuffing and 5 prs of safety eyes  so I will probably look for another animal to make for another of my great nieces or greatnephews.

I used the free Hobbii pattern for Ea the Unicorn designed by Trina Moeller. I did change the colours (Miss 4 is very much 'into' colours), the horn, and the mane placement.





 While I was in a crochet frame of mind I made a little angel from a pattern by Veronica McRae of Cubby House Kids, which I was gifted for my birthday.  She's about 15 cm (6") tall, and all white because that's the cotton I had available. I spent ages trying to get the hair to sit properly, but eventually just gave up on it. So she's a messy hair angel. I'll love her just the same.  Despite the pic, the angel is white.





I made a second angel using the same pattern and cotton but with a smaller hook. I didn't even try to replicate the hair on the pattern pic; instead I just gave her a simple hairstyle.




Here are the two angels standing together. The colour is truer in this picture. These two are going to an angel-loving friend as a Christmas gift.  I do think I need some too, so there will probably be more angels. 



I also made three more beaded angels using large clear glass beads and findings I was given for my birthday. I may give these to an angel-loving niece, but I am tempted to keep them for myself. These angels are 7.5 cm (3") tall.



And that is all for my November GG report.I can hardly believe there's just one more GG report for this year. Despite all the COVID restrictions, this year has just flown by for me.


11 comments:

DJ said...

Oh Elfie! Your angels are darling! I don't think the bigger angels hair is messy at all! They are so unique! I love the unicorn too. I can crochet but haven't been too lucky with animals or anything stuffed. These are so adorable, I might try again though! It won't be the 15th until tomorrow here, but I thought I would give you a heads up...you won the giveaway on my blog...so if you could send me your address, I'll get it in the mail to you as soon as I get a chance. my email... debpowers at hotmail dot com Congratulations!

Elfie said...

That's exciting! Thanks, Deb.

diamondc said...

Elfie: So many sweet items to see, the crochet angels are so sweet and the elephant is adorable.
Very nice post.

Catherine

diamondc said...

Elfie: I meant to say unicorn, so sorry, the birth Sampler is beautiful, perfect frame.

Catherine

Faith... said...

Did you know that angels are very busy and really don't have time to fuss with their hair! LOL Seriously they are some pretty cute angels. I love the beaded ones too. Maybe you can keep one for yourself and gift the other two? That Unicorn is going to make some little girl very happy! I like all the colors you used on it too.

Mayte said...

Hola, me llamo Mayte y soy de España.....he visto tu blog y me ha gustado, me gusta mucho tus amigurumis y los bordados......

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your angels are gorgeous and I love your unicorn, great colours.

jocondine said...

Great to see crochet on the blog, the angels are successful. Miss 4 will love to play with that lovely unicorn. I wish I could find one day tears beads to make some angels too, I always like to see the one you made, they are so elegant. Amicalement. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Those crocheted angels are lovely, I do like their hair too!

Elfie said...

Gracias, Mayte. Disfruto haciendo regalos y pequenas cosas.

Sheryl said...

Goodness, just love those unique angels, how clever