Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for December

December already. This year has flown, and now just two weeks are remaining before we have to get used to writing '2022' in the date. It's time for the final Gifted Gorgeousness (GG) Report for 2021.  GG is hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching on the 15th of each month. Anything stitched with gifted supplies, or stitched to be gifted, qualifies for inclusion in GG.


This will be a very short report. My hands have not been very busy in the past month. I did make another little white crochet angel, to bring the set to 3.

This is my new angel:


And here are the three of them:




I took advantage of having finished my 2021 stitching list, and decided to stitch a design that I have wanted to stitch since way back in 1997. For my birthday in 1997 I was given the L&L chart Tea Garden, with fabric and floss. I promply stitched the pansies and the violets, and had them framed. I intended to stitch the rose, but just never got around to doing it. Until now. It took me just 5 days to do what I hadn't managed to do in 24 years!


It is such a pretty rose. My framer is too busy to frame it before Christmas, so I will have to wait till 2022 to get it framed and up on the wall next to the pansies and violets.


I also made another batch of beaded angels, using the last of the large clear glass beads I got for my birthday in August.



I wasn't coping very well with having no project to work on, so I decided to start  another 12 Days of Christmas set for myself. Luckily I had in my stash a Dimensions chart and some fabric that came as a birthday gift last year from my youngest sister. My sister found the chart in a charity shop  and guessed that I would like it (she does know me really well!). I've stitched seven of the designs so far. Having a touch of OCD, I did of course stitch them in order. Despite the evidence to the contrary in the photos below, all seven were stitched on the same pale ice blue fabric. My photo skills do need some work!









I still have one Baby's First Christmas ornament in my work basket, and I was pleased to hear yesterday that my niece has had a little boy. As soon as the parents decide on a name I will be able to finish up that ornament. I'll make up the stitched 12 Days ornaments at the same time, and hang them on my Christmas tree, even though the set is incomplete. Completing this 12 Days of Christmas set will be first up on my 2022 stitching list.


I have enjoyed taking part in the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL once again this year  thank you Jo for hosting it.

Merry Christmas! I hope 2022 is a less disruptive year for all of us.






4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Some very pretty stitching here. I love the gorgeous angels, beaded or not - how lovely they look and the rose stitchery finished to be framed. great work. Happy Christmas

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your Angel's are all gorgeous, beautiful stitching as always. Wishing you a Merry Christmas 🎄

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. It's always a pleasure to see your ornaments you make for your friends and family. It's also nice to see you make something for yourself for a change! That rose is gorgeous and the 12 Days are very sweet. Thanks for posting them in the FB group too.

BeingBored89 said...

The angels are beautiful and so is everything else! Merry Christmas!