Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm not even thinking about stitching today. Ellie's not doing so well. She hasn't drunk anything or eaten yet. She seems settled, and is sleeping a lot. We had her back to the vet this morning, and she got injections for painkiller and antibiotics. We'll take her back tomorrow for more of the same, plus she'll have to get some IV fluids if she doesn't start drinking tonight. We've tried everything the vet suggested to get some fluids into her. We've tried syringing water into her mouth, but she just got distresssed, and the water just ran back out of her mouth. The vet said the problem is that her tongue is sore and swollen, and she will have to re-learn to drink, as at the moment she can't manipulate her tongue well enough to scoop water up with it. It's such a worry.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Oooh I do hope Ellie will be much better soon. Hope she doesn't have to much pain. I can believe you are all in a worry for the moment.

Mel said...

awh. best wishes to you and Ellie!

Cindy F. said...

Oh bless her sweet little heart:( I hate to hear she's still not feeling better. I am keeping her...and you...in my thoughts and prayers. Sending healing (((hugs))).

Kim D Messick said...

Poor little baby! I am sending love to Ellie - get well soon!