Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, November 11, 2011

My 1950s Christmas tree

I have quite a few Christmas trees of various materials and sizes, but this one is my absolute favourite. When I was a child (in the 1950s) my family had a very similar tree, and I recall disliking it intensely at that time, as I really liked the 'real' trees (branches cut from pine trees) we used to have in the house prior to the arrival of the artificial tree. I found this treasure in a country charity sale, and it has been part of my Christmas celebrations for the past 12 years. This tree is in my lounge room, and it's around this tree that I place my Christmas gifts. I decorate this tree with Christmas baubles (many of which are old and have been rescued from charity shops or garage sales, others given to me as gifts), and other treasures.

On the wall to the left of the tree is a display of some of my treasured vintage Santa brooches in a recycled set of frames.



No comments: