Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

HD with another Angel

I've just finished this ornie for Frankie, the new baby sister of Harrie and Perry for whom I stitched Angel ornies last year. Their ornies are pictured in the banner at the top of the page. Perry loves purple, Harrie loves pink - my challenge for this ornie was to incorporate both colours and maintain some individuality in this ornie. The fabric is an iridescent hand-dyed green (not at all like the blue it became when I scanned it) Ausssie fabric by Stitches & Spice. It's 28 ct Lugana Opal, and the colour is Spice Blend Peacock Fantasy. The angel is adapted from TIAG's freebie Amish Angel. I swapped hair for the cap, changed the neckline, removed the floral swag, beaded the wings, changed all the colours, and added some trims. She took me exactly a week to stitch and make up. I think this must be about the twentieth time I have stitched this angel - most of the little girls I know now have an adapted Amish Angel ornie, and I have one on my Angel tree at Christmas.

I now have just one more ornie to stitch as a Christmas gift. Not an angel this time. Perhaps a little stocking filled with presents. I'm going to bead half a dozen angels (more Christmas gifts) first.

No comments: