Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Moving through the house ...

Here are some lounge-room pictures.

Before Christmas the area at the bottom of the stairs looked like this:


and now it is much more colourful:

 
The Christmas tree is one of my favourites.  It's from the 1950s, and consists of green wire 'bottle-brush' branches which fit into a wooden central pole.  I remember my family having one just like this in the late 1950s.  I found this one in a country town garage sale about 15 yrs ago and bought it for the princely sum of $2.  This is the tree I place my gifts under.  The two baskets on the right in the top pic hold take-home gifts for children and adult Christmas visitors.  The two paper Santa masks on the wall are favourites (I do have quite a few favourites!) that I found at a craft show almost 20 years ago.
 
Moving round the room, I have a collection of small Santas in a CD storage unit, and next to it  the shelves on the white desk hold my collection of trinket boxes. 

 

 

I particcularly love my Santas on the top of the white desk on the right - they are all different, most given to me as gifts, and all have their own characters.

and another particular favourite is the small collection of Santa brooches and badges (in the brown frames on the desk below).

There's more to see in the lounge room, but I'll have to leave that for another day.

1 comment:

Alejandra said...

y donde guardas estas cosas durante el año? digo, cuando no es epoca navideña...
and where you keep these things during the year? say, when it is not Christmas time ...