Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My 2009 Christmas Project



My heart won the battle for supremacy - so, here's the Santa I'll be stitching all this year (and probably next year as well!). It will be the biggest project I have stitched - by far. It's completely stitched (no unstitched fabric in the background). There are 36 A4 pages in the chart, and I think I'll have to enlarge the pages in order to decipher the chart (my eyes not being as good as they once were). It is 400 stitches wide x 509 high, and the stitched piece will measure 18 inches wide and 23 inches long if I stitch it over 1 on 22 count Hardanger, which is my tentative plan. It is meant to be stitched over 1 on 25 count linen, but I think that's just asking for trouble for my eyes! I'm thinking I'll use 1 strand of DMC for stitching.
I'm getting out my floor frame from its storage bag today, and I'll think about organising floss (125 skeins DMC to start with)and fabric this weekend, and I should be ready to put in the first stitches on Monday 19th January. Wish me luck!

No comments: