Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tiny framed Christmas trees


I've been stitching and decorating tiny Christmas trees for the last couple of days, and I have just finished my first batch of 12. They're stitched on white Aida 18 and decorated with DMC fil or, delica beads, and some tiny spherical beeds in gold, green, and red. They're framed in tiny gold frames just 3.75cm (1.5inches) wide and 4.4cm (1.75 inches) tall. I'll make another 18 of these tiny trees in the coming week.
We've had a few cooler days here lately, and even some fine misty rain. I have really appreciated the break from the heatwave we'd been having. I manage to stitch so much more when the weather is bearable.
I am looking through my Santa charts looking for a Christmas project to stitch for myself this year, but so far I've not been able to settle on one. I'd like to make a start on it by the end of February, so I'm going to have to make a decision soon.

No comments: