Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, January 2, 2009

A new start for the New Year




My first attempt at Blogging. Here goes...

I'm a dedicated cross stitcher, and have been for the past 20 years or so. I'll stitch on any fabric, and I have stitched a wide variety of designs. My favourite things to stitch are Santas, angels, Christmas designs, Australian birds, flowers, and samplers. I usually stitch one large (framed) Christmas project and one large non-Christmas project for myself each year, and one other large project for a relative or friend. I also make lots of little projects. I particularly enjoy stitching and hand-finishing Christmas ornaments. Last year I made over 200 items, half of them Christmas ornaments.

The ornaments at left are the last things I finished in December 2008. The angels are adapted from TIAG's 1986 Amish Angel freebie, and the border and names of the recipients are beaded. I used a lovely opalescent Aussie hand-dyed Jobelan fabric in pretty green shades for these ornaments.




No comments: