Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A little bird


This is my one 'finish' for last week - and, in fact, the only stitching I did at all last week. It's Graham Ross's red-backed wren, from his Garden Birds leaflet. It is destined to become part of a quilt being made for a Victorian lady who lost her family farmhouse and all her possessions in the February bushfires. She's the mother of an Aussie cross-stitcher from Stitching Under the Southern Cross. A number of items her daughter had stitched for her were lost in the fire. I scanned the wren on its way to the laundry, so it's not yet been washed or ironed. It needs to be in the mail to the quilt-maker by the end of this week.

I have been slow to recover from my holiday. We've been home 48 hrs, and so far I've not even picked up a needle. I'm hoping to remedy that tonight, and plan to stitch and hopefully make up a Christmas ornament.

2 comments:

Yoyo said...

I'm sure she will appreciate your nice gift. Gotta rest up from vacation, eh? LOL

Cindy F. said...

Such a pretty and thoughtful gift:)