Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Safely home

and up to my knees in piles of laundry waiting for its turn in the washing machine. Three loads done, about 4 more to go. It rained on our last day, and it looked set in, but we were very lucky and got a dry pack-up. That's important when your van is half-canvas!

I got very little stitching done while we were away. Just one little bird finished. I'll pop in a pic later. Too many other distractions I suppose. We were camping with friends who are extremely good 500 players, and we had quite a few games of 500 over the week - we lost all but one. And we also played lots games of Canasta (I lost 90% ) and lots of Upwords (I won most of these). Another friend from the area where we were staying spent a few days with us as well, so all in all it was a very social tme, and lots of fun. Our next trip will probably be in May, for 4 or 5 days, inland this time.

I'm going to make a few little ornies and stitch another quilt square bird before I settle back into stitching on my Jolly Old Fellow. That is, if I ever ge to leave the laundry again ...

3 comments:

Yoyo said...

Glad you had a nice relaxing trip. Nice to have you home safe and sound.

Annie Bee said...

Glad you got home safely. I don't envy you all that laundry.

Wendy said...

Great to read you had a wonderful time! Know the problem too, when you go on a trip, the laundry you have to do after the trip!