Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not Happy ...

I know I promised not to carry on about my health - but just this one last time, okay? I was coming to terms with the new diagnosis of pernicious anaemia, and preparing to embrace the regular Vit B12 injectons for the rest of my life. When she was checking my Vit B12 levels, my very conscientious GP noticed that my blood tests over the last year showed an increase in one of the liver enzymes - alk phos. So she sent me off for a bone scan (absolutely fascinating experience over a 7 hr period, but I won't bore you with the details), and today I got the results. I have Pagets Disease, affecting only my skull at present. I'm really blown away by this. I'm sure once the emotion settles and I start thinking reasonably about it I'll be grateful that it's been diagnosed early and that I've started the treatment. Right now, I'm just mad about it! Two more chronic conditions in just one week -that's just not cricket! This getting old hasn't got a lot going for it - though right now I do prefer it to the alternative, so I'll stop whingeing and start looking for the positives.

I'm off to stich for a while on Jolly Old Fellow - that will calm me down.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

So sorry to read about your diagnosis! I do hope you will be able to find something good to help you.

Annie Bee said...

I am so sorry to hear you bad health news. My BIL has Pagets Disease. Thank goodness for stitching where we can get lost for hours at a time.

Cindy F. said...

Good grief!! I'm really sorry to hear this Elfie! I will keep you in my thoughts and pray healing prayers for you.

Yoyo said...

I know it's not good news and I know for a fact the bone scan was not fun at all, but like you said, they caught it early, and this is definitely a GOOD THING. Think positive thoughts. I sending positive energy and lots of hugs.