Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Some good news

My GP has assured me that my low VitB12 level is totally unrelated to any of the medications I'm currently taking. That was such a relief for me, as I had myself convinced I would have to stop the methotrexate, and I'm reluctant to do that since it's given me such a good quality of life over the past few years. I have to have more blood tests to confirm it, but she's pretty certain I do have pernicious anaemia. That's very treatable, just an injection each month or so, so I'm not worried about that. And it would explain my snappiness and tiredness, and my shocking memory lately.

I've settled back into stitching my WIP - HAED Jolly Old Fellow. I have about one-sixth of page 3 to finish. I've decided to trial gridding for the next page, so I spent a couple of hours this afternoon gridding the fabric. I've never done it before, but Yoyo recommended it, so I thought I would give it a try. I'm hopeful to finish page 3 by the end of this week, and get started on the gridded page 4 area at the weekend.

2 comments:

Loretta said...

What a relief for you.

I stress myself out like this all the time and most times it is never as bad as I think it will be.

Take care!

Yoyo said...

Yipee!!! Great news.

And you know where I originally got the gridding bug? Teresa Wentzler, years ago, oh, maybe in the 70's or early 80's, when she was a "new" designer. I took a class with her and she suggested gridding her designs and showed us how to do it. I've never had to frog more than few stitches at a time on a gridded project....WELL WORTH the effort! JOF will just zoom along now, you'll put slow poke 'ol me to shame, AGAIN (LOL).